I am trying to learn about registration forms, what should I be careful about when designing one? Is there any "best practice" or do you know any great websites with great examples of registration forms?
(For example, I like the facebook.com registration form, the one when you sign up the first time)
I would say you should Consider these things whenever you design a form :
- Make Your Form Easy to understand
- Choose Your Colors Wisely
- Make it short and sweet (long pages/details irritates)
- Design logically and easy to complete
- A high contrast, easy to follow flow
Some articles and books on how to design beautiful forms :
- A Beautiful form
- How to Create effective form
- Signup forms must die – here’s how we killed ours!
- Ten Tips For User Friendly Online Registration Forms
- The Science of Form Layout
- Web Form Design: FIlling in the Blanks (The bible of web forms)
Examples of registration forms and Inspirations :
- Registration Forms SHOWCASE
- Web Form Design Patterns: Sign-Up Forms
- 40 Eye-Catching Registration Pages
- Registration Form Design Examples
- 42 Famous Log in and Registration Forms
All Forms need a solid/Soothing visual structure to attract not to distract.......
Hope these things will help you....Tweet